- - Learn the art of mountain horsemanship and mule packing.
- - Get to know all techniques for safe, knowledgeable handling of mules
- - Mountain horseback riding, leading a pack string over difficult terrain.
- - Pack the mule
- - Apply five hitches: box hitch, diamond, barrel, basket & blind George.
- - Camping with horses & mules, high lining, leave-no-trace.
- - Problems that happen on the trail and how to solve them.
Great training, great experience !
- - Learn techniques for observing, training & changing horse behaviors into safe riding experiences.
- - Round pen training for increased understanding and control of your horse.
- - Built confidence between yourself and your horse.
- - With gentle techniques motivate your horse to the next level of riding safety.
U-Trail’s trainers combine over 100 years of mountain packing experience in one of the most difficult terrains in the world. Thousands of pack trips and hunts in a wide variety of landscapes and environments gives our trainers a solid foundation and experience. Our work has ranged from 14,000’ mountain terrain to low elevation arid desert environments We pass on our experience to solders and students, so the mountain packing and horseback experience is safe and sustainable for long-term in-field activities. Plus techniques to prevent health and safety problems, and situation problem solving.